Instructor: Catherine Batcho
This class is 4 sessions total, each 3 hours long for a total of 12 hours.
Class is May 8, 15, 22 (no class May 29) then last class is June 5
Get ready for summer with the super adorable and loosely fitted Alder Shirtdress by Grainline Studio. Learn all about the basics of making a shirt complete with collar and stand, pockets, placket, buttonholes and buttons. This dress has a beautiful shirt-tail hem and gathered detail at the waist to give it a little added fit and flare! (Please note if you would prefer to do the version without the gathers at the waist that is ok too!)
- Alder Shirtdress pattern from Grainline studio sold at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside
- 9 buttons 1/2″ – 3/8″ in size
- 1 spool of all-purpose thread to match
- Fabric yardage as specified for your size. Firecracker fabrics has lots of great wovens, poplins, lawn and cotton quilting fabric that would be perfect for this shirtdress, so be sure to check out their fabric selection when purchasing a pattern for class. Please also make sure to prewash-dry your fabric as you plan to care for the garment so that you preshrink prior to class. If you have time, also iron your fabric before class so you will be ready to cut!
- Fusible interfacing as specified by the pattern
Store hours: Open M, T, W 10-5, Th 12-8, Fri & Sat 10-6, Sun 11-5