Backpack Camp: The Making Backpack – Full
Come make a backpack with us! In this Intermediate level camp students will make a real backpack! This backpack includes a front pocket, interior zippered pocket, and useful top handles for carrying in addition to backpack straps. You’ll learn various bag making techniques such as installing a welt zipper pocket, installing an exposed zipper, attaching webbing, using foam stabilizer, and finishing seams with bias tape. This backpack is the perfect size for adventuring and is a great way to showcase a favorite fabric. For students entering grades 2-9 who have taken at least the Intro to Sewing class or camp.
Recommended Experience Level: Intermediate to Advanced Level Experience. Must have taken the Intro to sewing series of classes or camp or have similar experience.
Backpack Finished Dimensions: 11.5″ wide x 15″ tall x 5″ deep
PLEASE NOTE THERE ARE SEVERAL SUPPLIES INCLUDING THE PATTERN THAT ARE INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE CAMP. THOSE SUPPLIES ARE NOT LISTED.
THE FOLLOWING SUPPLIES STUDENTS NEED TO PURCHASE:
- Exterior Fabric: 1 yard mid to heavy weight woven fabric such as canvas or quilting cotton (NO waxed canvas)
- Lining Fabric: 1 yard quilting cotton or similar weight fabric (woven fabric)
- 2 small spools of all-purpose thread or 1 large spool
- 22″ zipper
- 8″ zipper
- One yard – 1″ wide webbing (for handles)
- two yards – 1.5″ wide webbing (for straps)
- three yards – 1/2″ double fold bias tape (or one package)
*Camp is full, please contact the studio to be on a wait list
July 27 week (1pm-4pm)