Get started with cozy handwork crafts for the winter with this beginner’s introduction to embroidery. Julie will walk you through a cute sampler to learn a set of basic stitches, making you ready to tackle your own adorable projects!
Recommended Experience Level: Newbie through advanced
– 1/2 yard solid quilting cotton, in a light color (or a scrap about 12” square)
– Embroidery hoop (5-6” recommended)
– Pilot Frixion pen or other temporary fabric marking pen / marker
– DMC or Anchor embroidery floss, as many colors as you think are fun!
– Embroidery needles
– Small embroidery scissors
– Printed sampler pattern, traced onto fabric (pattern and instructions will be mailed to you before class)
– Good lighting!
OR – you can choose to purchase a KIT from Firecracker Fabrics – check that out HERE!