For the Skirt:
- 1/4 yard of quilting cotton for the waist band
- choose 6 quilting cottons for the skirt panels – you will need a fat quarter of each
- 1/2 yard for the ruffle at the hem
- 1 spool of all purpose thread to coordinate
- 3/4″ wide elastic – enough to go around the waist or about a yard
For the t-shirt Dress:
Bring in at least 2 of your t-shirts that you would like to turn into a dress – you will bring a few options so the instructor can help you decide which would be best in terms of the fit. The t-shirt should be a little loose fitting and not something you have outgrown that is too tight. You can bring your own t-shirt or get a new t-shirt if you prefer or something from a thrift shop you would like to recreate!
* for students with up to a 28″ waist size, 1/2 yard for a knee length skirt. If your child is tall or wants a bit longer skirt you can purchase 3/4 yard.
* for students over 28″ waist size get 1 yard of fabric for knee length skirt or 1.5 yards for taller student or longer skirt length
1 spool of all-purpose thread
If time permits students can use scraps to make various accessory items like scrunchies or other accessories