Quilt As You Go is an easy technique to learn and a great one to add to your sewing skills! Learn how to create a quilted patchwork panel on the fly from scraps – this technique creates firm, densely quilted areas that are perfect for use in pillow, pouch, or bag-making projects! (This technique class will not result in a finished project, but we will talk about how to do that!)
Instructor: Julie Ryan
– 20” square of batting (or large scrap)*
– Pile of small quilting cotton scraps (pieces 2” – 6”), trimmed neatly into squares and rectangles.* Enough to easily cover your batting
– Thread in a neutral color
– Walking foot for your machine if you have one
* Note: if you do not have batting and quilting cotton scraps, please email Firecracker Fabrics and they can supply you with a kit!
You will also need a laptop, ipad or tablet to connect via zoom. Zoom link to be sent prior to class. You can use a phone but it’s not ideal as the screen is small.
You will also need all your basic sewing tools! Scissors, seam ripper, pins or clips, Iron
May 27th (7pm-8:30pm)
Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
Student must be comfortable threading and operating their own machine at home.