Quilt As You Go Technique Builder Class – VIRTUAL
Quilt As You Go is an easy technique to learn and a great one to add to your sewing skills! Learn how to create a quilted patchwork panel on the fly from scraps – this technique creates firm, densely quilted areas that are perfect for use in pillow, pouch, or bag-making projects! (This technique class will not result in a finished project, but we will talk about how to do that!)
Advanced Beginner to Intermediate
Student must be comfortable threading and operating their own machine at home.
– 20” square of batting (or large scrap)*
– Pile of quilting cotton scraps in various sizes (pieces no smaller than 2” – 6” on the shortest edge), trimmed neatly into squares and rectangles.* It should be Enough to easily cover your batting
– Thread in a neutral color
– Walking foot for your machine if you have one
* Note: if you do not have batting and quilting cotton scraps, please place an order for 1/4 yard of batting and a few 1/4 yard cuts of quilting cotton (as many as you like depending on how many fabric choices you want)
You will also need a laptop, ipad or tablet to connect via zoom. Zoom link to be sent prior to class. You can use a phone but it’s not ideal as the screen is small.
You will also need all your basic sewing tools! Scissors, seam ripper, pins or clips, Iron