Quilting Skill Builder Series I – VIRTUAL
Following up from the Basic Quilt Class, this series of 4 virtual sessions will teach a new next-level skill each week. Where The Basic Quilt taught the building blocks of quilting, this series will focus on a new technique each week, via a traditional quilt block using those techniques. Through these blocks, we’ll build the skills to go off and tackle projects on our own! (This class will produce four quilt blocks to use as you see fit, but not a finished project.)
Basic comfort level with patchwork techniques and terms, including sewing an accurate 1/4” seam. If you took The Basic Quilt class at Cut & Sew, you’re ready!
- A minimum of two quarter yards of quilting cotton fabric (long quarters required for Week 1, and fine for all weeks) will be needed for each class. Most blocks can be made with scraps or multiple colors if you choose!
- Thread in a neutral color
- Rotary cutter, self-healing cutting mat, and acrylic quilting ruler
- Standard machine sewing supplies
- Hand sewing tools (for Week 3), including needles, pins, contrast thread.
- 1/2 yd of Reynolds Freezer Paper (for Week 3). Get in touch if you are not able to get this!
You will also need a laptop, ipad or tablet to connect via zoom. Zoom link to be sent prior to class. You can use a phone but it’s not ideal as the screen is small.
You will also need all your basic sewing tools! Scissors, seam ripper, pins or clips, Iron