This is a large shopping bag, this is GREAT as a sewing bag)! With a zipper pocket and magnetic snap – Great intro to bag making for a more beginner to intermediate student before getting into commercial bag patterns.
Level: Advanced Beginner – Intermediate
Time: about 5-6 sessions
- 1/2 yd canvas or linen blend fabric or quilting cotton for top of bag
- 1/4 yd fabric for bottom of bag (same quality options as above) – you may want to select a heavier bottom fabric if you want a sturdier bag
- 3/4 yd quilting cotton for lining
- 3/4 yd Pellon 987F fusible fleece interfacing
- 1 1/4 yd Pellon SF101 Shape-Flex interfacing
- 1 1/4 yd 1-inch cotton webbing
- 1 spool of all-purpose thread to match fabrics
- Magnetic snap (optional for closure)
- 7” zipper (all-purpose or metal) – note: if metal, zip MUST be 7”. If all-purpose, zip can be longer!