This can be a great project for using up scraps, or you can purchases several smaller cuts of fabric to make the quilt!
Time: 5-8 sessions depending on size and number of pieces
All fabrics should be preferably quilting cotton, but there are some other woven fabrics that would work fine as well. Feel free to ask 🙂 Mostly if it’s not stretchy or slippery we are OK!
Initially purchase the following:
- 6-8 cuts of fabric. Each 1/4 yard wide (if you want a larger quilt like the rainbow pictured quilt you will need about 10 cuts of fabric each 1/4 yard)
- 1 large or 2 smaller spools of all purpose thread.
Once the top of the quilt is created and we see the exact size of the finished quilt we will determine the quantity needed for the following:
- Batting, 1/4″ thick, preferably cotton (approx 1.25 yards)
- Backing fabric – preferably quilting cotton (approx 1.25 yards)
- About 2 packages of 1/2″ extra wide double fold bias tape to bind the edges