Instructor: Julie Ryan
Experience Level: Beginner – no quilting experience necessary. Must have very basic sewing experience and know how to thread/use a sewing machine.
• 4 fat quarters quilting weight fabric (minimum – you can use as many fabrics as you like!) – it is also okay to use other woven (non-stretch) fabrics for this – but for more inexperienced sewists, cotton quilting weight fabrics will be easiest
• 1 fat quarter quilting weight fabric for lining (choose a neutral color that will not show through your decorative fat quarters, probably white or cream)
• 1/2 yard of fabric for back of pillow case (you will see this, so coordinate with front)
• 1 spool of all-purpose thread to match
• 1 spool of all-purpose thread to contrast
• one 16″ pillow form.
• Water-soluble fabric glue pen (or washable glue stick)
• 2-inch paper piecing hexagon templates (available at Firecracker)
• Embroidery needles (or any old needles from your sewing kit!)
• Hand-sewing needles, “sharps” – Clover Black Gold Sharps recommended