Instructor: Julie Ryan
Recommended Experience Level: Advanced beginner or Intermediate – you cannot take this class if your only experience is the Intro to Sewing class. See class description and feel free to ask if you have the experience needed for the class!
Sew Together Bag pattern available at Firecracker Fabrics
Materials as listed on the pattern, with the following notes and additions:
– Interfacing: Pellon Shape-Flex SF101, you will need 1yd
– Zippers: This project will be much easier if you use longer zippers than are listed in the pattern, and they must be nylon all-purpose zips! Please bring three 11” (or longer) zippers, and one 20” (or longer)
– Stuffing for optional pincushion will be provided
– Thread: 1 spool of all-purpose thread to match all fabrics (this project involves a lot of top-stitching, so think about colors!)
– Sewline glue pen
– Clover Wonder Clips (optional, but so helpful!)
– If you have a rotary cutter, quilting rulers, and cutting mat, please bring them to the first session! Please let me know if you do not have these supplies at home already!
– If you would like your bag to have a patchwork / quilted outside, please bring a finished piece (at least 13 1/2” x 9 3/4”) to class, ready to use. If you have questions about that just ask!