Instructor: Julie Ryan
Recommended Experience Level: Beginner (basic sewing machine experience needed, we will be sewing with 1/4″ seams so you will want to feel comfortable enough to tackle that!), and great for intermediate and advanced sewists as well!
For Quilt Top:
– 3 x 1/2 yd quilting cotton
– 2 x 3/4 yd quilting cotton
– Cotton sewing thread, large spool, in a neutral or to match your fabrics.
(Note on fabrics: if you are unsure about fabric choices, try to create a variation in light, dark, and scale of prints.
– Pilot Frixion Pen
– 6” or 6 1/2” x 24” quilting ruler
– 45mm Rotary Cutter with a fresh blade
– 100 Curved Basting Pins (1 1/2” – 2” long)
– Hand sewing needle (Clover Black Gold Sharps recommended)
To Finish Quilt:
– Batting: 45” square
– Backing: 1 1/4yd quilting cotton
– Binding: 3/8 yd quilting cotton
– Cotton sewing thread, large spool, for quilting
(Note: these materials will not be used until Week 4 or 5. You may choose to wait until closer to then to choose your backing and binding fabric, to match how your quilt top is turning out!)
*PLEASE DO NOT PREWASH/DRY FABRIC PRIOR TO CLASS
Self-healing cutting mat
12.5” square acrylic quilting ruler
Walking Foot for your home sewing machine (your machine may have come with one!)
(note: these will not be required for sewing at the studio and during class, but will be helpful for any home sewing on this project!)