Instructor: Catherine Batcho
Recommended Experience Level: Advanced
• Choose from The Grainline Studio Lark T-shirt, Cashmerette Concord tshirt or the Ebony shirt from Closet Case Patterns in stock at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside
• Knit fabric as suggested by the pattern for your size (make sure to measure yourself to determine your size). There are lots of beautiful knits to choose from at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside!
• 4 cones of thread for serger(poly or cotton/all – purpose): in a somewhat matching color (if necessary can use two cones and 2 regular spools of thread)
• at least one regular size spool to use on the regular sewing machine of matching thread color for hemming
• ball point needles for your serger (size 80 or 90 should be okay) – these are also sold at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside – please note however that not all sergers use the same needles – so you should check your manual for the type of needle required and make sure to get that if necessary. Check with Thornton’s for sewing machine parts and needles. Also – not a bad idea to get an extra blade in case you break yours by hitting a pin!
• please make sure to prewash/dry your fabric for shrinkage prior to class – knits tend to shrink and you will want to shrink the fabric before making the dress!
• We will cut the fabric out together in class. If you plan to trace your pattern you must do this in advance of class, we will not have time to do this in class. If you feel comfortable cutting out the fabric at home, you are welcome to cut your fabric at home, especially if you would like to spend more time focusing on the use of the serger!
Also – feel free to bring a snack since it’s a long session!