Instructor: Catherine Batcho
Recommended Experience Level: Advanced
• “Moneta” pattern by Colette – these are in stock at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside
• Knit fabric as suggested by the pattern for your size (make sure to measure yourself to determine your size). We will be doing the basic neckline with either short or 3/4 length sleeve. There are lots of beautiful knits to choose from at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside!
• 4 spools of thread(poly or cotton/all – purpose): at least 2 of the spools need to match your fabric , the other 2 spools can be neutral or similar in color
the 2 matching spools do not have to be cones or large spools, but the 2 spools which will be your upper and lower looper threads should be cones or large spools
• at least one regular size spool to use on the regular sewing machine of matching thread color for hemming
• one package of 1/4″ wide clear elastic
• ball point needles for your serger (size 80 or 90 should be okay) – these are also sold at Firecracker Fabrics in Morningside – please note however that not all sergers use the same needles – so you should check your manual for the type of needle required and make sure to get that if necessary. Check with Thornton’s for sewing machine parts and needles. Also – not a bad idea to get an extra blade in case you break yours by hitting a pin!
• please make sure to prewash/dry your fabric for shrinkage prior to class – knits tend to shrink and you will want to shrink the fabric before making the dress!
• Please note that you will need to cut out your paper pattern in advance of the class. Please contact Catherine if you need help determining your size. You will have to measure yourself to determine your size. But the pattern has negative ease (meaning it is smaller than your body measurements) – so you may want to go up a size if you want a less snug fit!