Instructor: Julie Ryan
Level/Age Requirements: Students must have at least taken the Intro to Sewing camp or series of classes or other similar experience. Recommended for students entering grade 1 – 9
READING SET SUMMER CAMP MATERIALS: All materials except for the notebook are available at Firecracker Fabrics next to Cut & Sew!
– 16” pillow insert
– 1/2 yd cotton quilting weight fabric for back of pillow
– 4 fat quarters
– 3-4 scraps for decoration (Firecracker does have a huge scrap bin you can pick through if you don’t have your own!)
– embroidery floss and needles (to be provided for camp, you do not need to purchase!)
– 10” length of lightweight webbing (about 1″ wide, can vary)
– 6” scrap of ribbon (or purchase 1/4 yard)
– 2 yd pom-pom edging (any size for around the pillow)
– 6” embroidery hoop
– blank notebook (a medium size, around 9” x 6”, is perfect for decorating! Please note: this notebook should have a sewn / flat binding, not a spiral!) You may bring a notebook or journal you already have and use or get a new one for this project!
– 2 spools of all-purpose thread in coordinating color