This is a great intermediate-advanced Noodlehead backpack bag pattern.
Time: 6-8 sessions
Range Backpack by Noodle Head available HERE – feel free to check if Firecracker has this pattern in stock. If not, please download the PDF and print to bring to class! the paper pattern can also be ordered directly from Noodlehead online if you have time for that.
Requirements based on 44”-wide fabric.
- ¾ yard (½ yard if 54”-wide fabric) Exterior Fabric
- ½ yard Contrast Bottom Fabric
- 1 ½ yards Lining Fabric (includes exterior closure, straps, and interior pocket)
- 3 ½ yards Fusible Woven Interfacing (Pellon SF101 – 20″-wide)
- 1 yard Medium-Weight Fusible Interfacing (Pellon 809 – 44” wide) for exterior of bag
- (2) 1 ½”-wide rectangle rings & (2) 1 ½”-wide strap sliders
- (1) 8” zipper for front zippered pocket – if metal it must be exact.
- (2) 1″-wide d-rings
- 1 spool of all-purpose polyester thread
- 1/4 yard of 1″ wide cotton webbing for hang loop
Recommended Fabrics: cotton canvas, cotton/linen canvas, denim for exterior and contrast bottom fabrics – quilting cotton can also be used for a softer and less structured bag option. Quilting cotton for lining fabric.