English Paper Piecing – Quilted Pillow – Virtual
Learn the fundamentals of EPP, a relaxing and fun hand sewn form of quilting that allows you to piece together unusual shapes and get perfect results. In the 2nd class, we will turn your beautiful artwork into a pillow you can proudly display! Please note the break between class 1 and 2, this allows time for the homework between the sessions.
Experience Level: Beginner – no quilting experience necessary. Must have very basic sewing experience and know how to thread/use a sewing machine.
• 4 quarter-yards quilting weight fabric (minimum – you can use as many fabrics as you like!)
• 1 half yard quilting weight fabric for lining (choose a neutral color that will not show through your decorative fat quarters, probably white or cream – you can also use muslin!)
• 1 half yard quilting weight fabric for the pillow back
• 1 spool of all-purpose thread to match
• 1 spool of all-purpose thread to contrast
• hand sewing needles (Clover Gold Sharps size 9 recommended)
• embroidery needle
• Sewline Fabric Glue Pen
• 2” hexagon paper pieces (pack of 35 minimum)
• Clover Wonder Clips (optional, but useful!)
• one 16″ pillow form (for finishing)
OR! Choose this kit from Firecracker to make it easy!